Agreement Information for Dial-Up Access
The undersigned individual, in consideration for use of the CedarNet dial-up service, including e-mail, and/or personal web publishing and the efforts of the CedarNet Board to develop and maintain the system, agrees to the following:
- The use of the CedarNet dial-up system is a privilege that may be revoked by the CedarNet Board at any time for abusive conduct (including but not limited to: conducting illegal activities; placing unlawful information on the system; using obscene, abusive or otherwise objectionable language in either public or private message; or violating any part of this Agreement). The CedarNet board will be the sole arbiter of what constitutes abusive conduct.
- CedarNet does not warrant nor represent that CedarNet will meet any specific performance requirements or that it will be error free or uninterrupted. CedarNet shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost data, information, or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the use of, operation of, or inability to use CedarNet.
- The undersigned individual will abide by all the rules and regulations of CedarNet as may be promulgated from time to time by CedarNet.
- The undersigned user and authorizing parent or guardian, where applicable for users under the age of 18, agree to indemnify CedarNet and/or the CedarNet Board for any loss suffered to the user by reason of improper use of CedarNet.
- Any use of CedarNet for commercial purposes without the expressed written permission of the CedarNet Board is prohibited.
- The undersigned user will not allow any other person to use her/his login (user ID) and/or password.
- No refunds will be issued in whole or in part for any amount of service if the request is made beyond the initial 30 calendar days of account activation as determined by the signature/reception date, whichever is later, on the enrollment form.
If you are under age 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign the form for you to become a registered CedarNet user.
To the Parent or Guardian: (Please Print or Type) Please read and sign the statement in order for the applicant to be registered as a CedarNet user.
I, parent or legal guardian of (applicant) ___, an individual under 18 years of age, agree to the conditions of use set forth in the CedarNet Registered User Agreement and verify the information provided by the user on this registration form.
Signature of parent or legal guardian is required. Form must be dated and signee's contact information provided before a minor's account can be set up.
- As parent or legal guardian of the applicant, I will ensure this person is adequately supervised to prevent illegal use of the system or behavior not in accordance with the agreement.
- I agree to hold CedarNet, its employees, its volunteers, and its contractors harmless in any legal action that could arise from the applicant's use of CedarNet.
- I am aware that CedarNet connects to computers throughout the world, some of which may contain controversial content.
- I understand that these other systems are not under the control of CedarNet but are connected to computer networks with which CedarNet can communicate.
- User's signature indicates that the user has read and agrees to the terms of the document.
- Plan A: E-mail ONLY (does not include dial-in access. You must have alternate Internet access, via either a CAPsite, library, or other service provider.)
Free for qualified CAPsite users
$25 per year with other Internet access.
- Plan B: Unlimited Access — Two Hour Blocks, via available phone lines, in two (2) hour blocks per log in, totaling up to 150 hours per month. Includes up to four additional e-mail accounts. Payment can be made in any of the following:
Full year $150.00 (best value)
Half year $80.00 (6 months)
Quarter year $42.50 (3 months)
- Plan C: Unlimited Access-Four Hour Blocks, via available phone lines, in four (4) hour blocks per log in, totaling up to 200 hours per month. Includes up to four additional e-mail accounts.
Full year $205.00 (best value)
Half year $110.00 (6 months)
Quarter year $57.50 (3 months)
Additional Service Options:
Personal Web Page Publishing 10MB of disk space and FTP capabilities. Please call for details.
Your personalized e-mail name (user name)can be up to 15 characters in length. You may set up as many as five (5) individual e-mail accounts but the first e-mail account will also be your CedarNet sign-on user name and password.All other users must use this log-in and password to access their e-mail accounts.
Passwords for both CedarNet access and e-mail accounts must be six (6) to eight (8) characters in length.
NOTE: Letters, numbers, and underscores are acceptable. Please print your choices carefully in capital letters to help us identify "1" (one) and "L" (el), and "0" (zero) and "O" (oh). Your username will not be case sensitive.
You will need to provide the following information on your application. (Please use only your legal full name.)
- Name: Last, First, Middle
- Address: Street Address, City, State, Zip
- Home Phone, and Work Phone.
- Birth date:
- Security Password: Please provide a security password, in case we need to access your user password.
CedarNet agrees to make every reasonable effort to keep the system operational and accessible. The Client acknowledges that CedarNet and its staff are not responsible for events and conditions beyond their control.
The Client agrees to pay $15 for any returned checks.
Please return the signed application along with a check or money order for the appropriate amount to the CedarNet office.
3420 University Avenue, Suite E,Waterloo, IA 50701