CedarNet email settings: Netscape 6/7
printer friendly version <<<
1. Click on Edit, then select "Mail & Newsgroups Account
2. Click on the name of your CedarNet mail account to highlight
it. Now, check the values on the right for accuracy.
- "Account name" is how the computer designates this
- Whatever you put into "Your name" will show up
with every email you send.
- "Email Address" is your full email address.
- "Reply-to address" and "Organization"
may be left blank.
3. Click on "Server Settings" to highlight it, then
check these values for accuracy:
- Server Name = pop.cedarnet.org
- "User Name" is just like your email address with
a % in place of the @
- Make sure your "Use secure connection" box is Unchecked
4. Click on "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" to highlight it,
then verify that:
- Server Name = smtp.cedarnet.org
- "Use secure connection (SSL)" is marked as Never.
5. Click "OK" to save all changes.
CedarNet is looking
for your organization's webpage to be hosted
or linked with us.