CedarNet Settings : Windows 95/98
printer friendly version <<<
When you are experiencing difficulties with your Internet connection,
it is best to try dialing in from the CedarNet icon.
- Verify the user ID is correct and all lower case (no @cedarnet.org
or %cedarnet.org here)
- Retype the password (taking care that the CAPS lock is off)
- Phone number should be 232-4135
- Click on the "Connect" button to see if this was
Click two times on "My Computer" (icon on your desktop),
then click two times on "Dial-up Networking" to open
it. Right click on the CedarNet icon and select "Properties".
You will see tabs across the top:
- To turn off call waiting: *70,232-4135
- To get an outside line (if you usually dial 9): 9,,,232-4135
- You do not need it to dail the area code, so if you have
no other dialing properties, you may uncheck this option.
- The type of server you are dialing is "PPP: Windows
- There should be NO checkmarks in any of the "Advanced
- The only thing that should be checked in "Advanced
net work protocols" is TCP/IP
- Click on the TCP/IP Settings button, you need the following
options to be selected:
- Server assigned IP address
- Server assigned name server address
- Use IP header compression
- Use default gateway on remote network
Scripting - nothing to change here
Multilink - nothing to change here
Click two times on "My Computer" (icon on your
desktop), then click two times on "Control Panel" to
open it. Find "Network" and open it by clicking on it
The list in the big white window must include:
- Client for Microsoft Networks = client
- Dialup adapter = adapter
- TCP/IP = protocol
The drop-down box below should say "Windows Logon"
CedarNet is looking for your
organization's webpage to be hosted
or linked with us.