Setting up your CedarNet connection in MAC OS 8/9
1. Open your HD window
2. Open "Applications (MacOS 9)"
3. Open "Utilities," "Assistants" and then
"internet setup assistant." (Sys. 8 may have "Assistants
in a separate folder on a level with "Applications.")
4. "Would you like to set up your computer to use the Internet?"
5. Do you already have an Internet account?
6. Click the right arrow to continue; there is nothing you need
to change in this window.
7. Type "CedarNet" into the box to name the connection,
and select "modem"
CLICK the arrow at the bottom right to go on.
8. Verify that the computer is reading the correct modem and port.
9. Select Tone (most phones are Tone).
10. Do not set it to ignore the dial tone.
11. Enter in the dial-in phone number 232-4135.
12. Type in your user ID received from the CedarNet office (the
same as the first part of your email address)
13. Type in the password you received from the CedarNet office
14. Does your ISP require that you use a script to connect?
15. Select NO. CedarNet's server will assign the IP automatically.
|16. Type in your full email address received from the CedarNet
17. If you leave the password blank here, you will have to
type it in each time you open email.
|18. For POP account, type in "____________%pop.cedarnet.org"
where you fill in the blank with your user ID received from
the CedarNet office
19. For the SMTP host, type in "smtp.cedarnet.org"
20. If you join newsgroups, put "corp.supernews.com"
in this space.
21. Select NO
22. Click "Go Ahead"
Congratulations! You are now connected to CedarNet. If you have
previously had another internet provider, you will need to delete
all information about that provider from your dialer and your
browser (Microsoft Explorer or Netscape Communicator) to insure
that your mail operates properly. If you try to send mail and
you get a message that the server cannot be located, you probably
have your old server still listed someplace on your computer.
Go to the "Control Panels" under the Apple menu and
check your "TCP/IP to be sure your have cedarnet.org in the
Domain Name and NOTHNG in the DNS address.
CedarNet is looking
for your organization's webpage to be hosted
or linked with us.