CedarNet email setup in Netscape
**If you are opening it for the first time, Netscape's email
will automatically start the wizard...skip to step #4.
1. Click on Edit, then select "Mail &Newsgroups Account
2. Click on the "Add Account..." button in the lower
left corner to start the wizard.
3. Select "Email account", then click "Next".
4. Type in your name, as you would like it to appear to everyone
who receives your emails.
5. Type in your email address, as assigned by the office; then
6. Select "POP" for the type of server.
7. For Incoming Server, type in: pop.cedarnet.org
8. For Outgoing Server, type in: smtp.cedarnet.org
9. Click "Next"
10. For User Name, type in your email address with a % in place
of the @. (ex: abc123%cedarnet.org)
11. Click "Next"
12. Type in the name by which you want to refer to this email
account; then click "Next".
("CedarNet mail" will do nicely if you only have one
email address set up here. Otherwise, you could use the names
of the individuals who have the accounts so that you can tell
which ones belong to whom.)
13. Verify that all of the information is correct. If you spot
any errors, you can correct them by pressing the "Back"
button until you come to the problem. Once you are sure all of
the information is correct, click "Finish".
CedarNet is looking
for your organization's webpage to be hosted
or linked with us.