The construction of new recreational trails in the metropolitan area of Cedar Falls and Waterloo, Iowa, has spawned an organization to support the trails network. The Cedar Trails Partnership has formed to promote safe and responsible use of our Cedar Valley Trails Network and to involve our diverse group of users in further developments of the Cedar Valley Trails Network.
Specifically the organization will:
- Help plan and develop multiple-use recreational trails
- Promote the safe and enjoyable use of trails
- Support the continued planning, programming, and further development of the Cedar Valley Trails Network by serving as a vehicle for community development
- Assist in maintenance and upgrades to existing trails
- Create trail improvements such as shelters, rest areas, scenic overlooks, etc.
- Advise the Black Hawk County Conservation Board, Cedar Valley Lakes Board, local municipalities, and the Iowa DNR and DOT of the needs of the Cedar Valley Trails Network and promote the economic, recreational, and transportation benefits of the network to the community
- Organize and coordinate volunteer activities on the trails
- Provide public information about recreational opportunities on the Cedar Trails Network
- Sponsor the annual Cedar Trails Festival, held the second weekend in August, as well as, other celebrations on the trails
If you are interested in helping, serving on the board, or becoming a partner, call 319/266-6813 or write Cedar Trails Partnership, 2410 West Lone Tree Road, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613.